exercises for thighs… six weeks is more than enough time to firm them up and get them beach ready! Who’s with me? Lace up your trainers, grab a bottle of water, and let’s try these … next stop, the Victoria’s Secret !is almost here, and if shopping for a new suit gives you a , you’re not alone. I took a long look in the mirror and decided it’s time to hunt out some new
Squats are an easy, effective exercise for your thighs that you can do at home or at the gym. The best way to describe the proper form for a squat is to stand straight, legs at shoulder-width apart, then pretend you’re sitting down. Just as your knees are bent at 90 degrees, stand back up again. You might want to hold your arms in front of you, or keep them on your hips, for balance. Do three sets of 20 squats. Want to amp it up a little? Rather than rising slowly from the squat, leap up, then land softly in the squat «sitting» position again.
2. FRONT LUNGES
Ah, lunges. Perhaps the most perfect exercise for thighs! They’re easy to do, and again, they can be done at the gym or at home. Stand with your feet together, hands on your hips. Take a step forward with your right leg, dropping your left knee to the ground, then stand back up again in one fluid motion. Don’t over-step, and don’t hit your knee on the ground too hard! Repeat, stepping forward with your left leg and dropping to your right knee. Do three sets of 12 for each leg.
3. SIDE LUNGES
Side lunges are nearly identical to front lunges, only (you guessed it) rather than stepping forward, you’ll step to the right or the left, depending on which leg is your «step forward» leg. Again, repeat for three sets of 12 for each leg.
4. RUNNING OR JOGGING
Running, jogging, or even brisk walking is also an excellent exercise for thighs. Be sure, of course, that you have the right trainers for your feet, and that you stay hydrated.
5. LEG PRESS
Ever wondered what the leg press at the gym was for, exactly, or how to use it? It’s for your thighs (and the rest of your legs) but the key is proper form! And you don’t have to use a lot of weight; start with 20 pounds and work up from there. Be sure that, as you’re pushing up, your knees never go further out that your toes.
6. SINGLE LEG «NAME»
The longer your name, the more… difficult… this exercise will be. Lie flat on your back with your arms at your sides and your legs straight. Lift your left leg in the air, toes pointed at the ceiling (or as close to the ceiling as you can get) keeping your leg as straight as possible. Using your toes as your «pen,» «write» your name on the ceiling. Now switch legs and do it again! Repeat ten times with each leg, and do three sets. Yow!
There are several yoga poses and maneuvers that are excellent exercises for your thighs, including the utkatasana and sun salutation. Find a yoga DVD to do at home, or take a class at a local gym or studio. Who knew yoga could give you awesome buns and thighs?
With so many awesome, effective (and frankly, «feel the burn»), there’s no reason to have bikini bad-dreams again… at least, not this season! Which of these thigh exercises has you winded, and which are a snap? Or do you have another that’ll help me tone up? Do share!
(Source: , via healthyhellzya)
- wishfulthinkingnichie reblogged this from hitthegymbitch
- bri-9694 reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- myfitsique reblogged this from sexy-little-thing
- weight-losss-healthy reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- lily-logan likes this
- vampuricwerewolf likes this
- kenzabenz likes this
- fancaakes likes this
- fandemoniums reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- coito likes this
- no-dirt-no-lotus reblogged this from hitthegymbitch
- no-dirt-no-lotus likes this
- ohdangitsty likes this
- itsacandieapplelife reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- thinhill reblogged this from startingmy-fitness
- itsacandieapplelife likes this
- semper-et-ubique likes this
- hiddenofhers likes this
- puglover78 likes this
- jjbinxm3 likes this
- hippycakes22 likes this
- lostcitywalk likes this
- weights-and-winchesters reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- little-blonde-problems reblogged this from eviltwintraining
- vegemite-and-voodoo likes this
- millionlightyears reblogged this from comeoncloser
- wheresfuckingfluffyy reblogged this from simonefiasco
- ifyouneedtoscreamcomescreamatme likes this
- emmakate1223 likes this
- sankofajbird reblogged this from hitthegymbitch
- sankofajbird likes this
- a-w0nd3rland-0f-music reblogged this from eatlessshitmore
- a-w0nd3rland-0f-music likes this
- jennievinnie reblogged this from sexy-little-thing
- alix1498 likes this
- sitbackrelaxenjoytherelapse likes this
- joyofbeing likes this
- redhead198971 likes this
- love-beauty-fashion-advice likes this
- sullenstudents likes this
- vampire-girl-713 likes this
- x-corrupted-lungs-x likes this
- thoraraven likes this
- indigosnw likes this
- yallayabatteekh likes this
- roxiirox reblogged this from sexy-little-thing
- swanriverdaisy likes this
- misscindylou reblogged this from blueklectic
- tangerinelov3 likes this
- mythighsaretoothick reblogged this from loveyourbodyfitness