Standing Reverse Fly
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, keeping a slight bend in the knees. With straight arms, hold the exercise band in front of you with your hands slightly lower than your shoulders. Keep your elbows slightly soft to avoid hyperextending the joint.
- On an exhale, pull abs to spine to stabilize your torso as you open your arms out to the sides, focusing on the shoulder blades sliding together. Inhale as you slowly return your arms back to starting position.
- It’s easy to arch your spine and push your ribcage forward when opening your arms, so really focus on the abs keeping the spine stable. Do imagine yourself growing taller as you open your arms to reinforce good posture.
- Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps.
The medicine ball circle excercise is a great way to work the lower body while also raising the heart rate, making it a great addition to any cardio or strength routine. Because this move is low impact, you’ll also protect your joints while getting a great workout.
[WORLD’S FASTEST WORKOUT]
- Burns as many calories as a 40-60 minutes run.
- Makes your body adapt and improve very quickly.
- Increases metabolism for next 36 hrs
- Takes only FOUR minutes, no excuses.
0:00 - Squat Thrust
0:20 - Rest
0:30 - Mountain Climbers
0:50 - Rest
1:00 - High knees
1:20 - Rest
1:30 - Jumping Jacks
1:50 - Rest
2:00 - Squat Thrust
2:20 - Rest
2:30 - Mountain Climbers
2:50 - Rest
3:00 - High Knees
3:20 - Rest
3:30 - Jumping Jacks
3:50 - Rest
4:00 - DONE !
30 Day Shred:
Ripped in 30:
6 Week 6 Pack:
The Biggest Loser:
Tone It Up:
Dashama Sun Salutations video
Dashama Sun Salutations 2 video
Dashama Hip Stretches
Tara Stiles Bend It Like Tara video
exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Plus 45 minute video
exercisetv.tv Beginner Yoga 20 minute video
exercisetv.tv Yoga Sculpt 30 minute video
exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Fusion 45 minute video
Yogis Anonymous Hurts So Good Power Yoga 95 minute video
Yogis Anonymous Blissed Flow Yoga 90 minute
(Source: weightlostgoals, via )
No-equipment “hands up” workout
This workout can help strengthen your spinal muscles while working on your balance using your core, glutes and legs. And maintaining your arms up during the whole workout will make your shoulders burn. Take your time to perform each exercise in a slow controlled motion.
- 20 squats
- 20 alternative backward lunges
- 20 walking lunges (or alternative forward lunges if you don’t have enough space available)
- 20 bird dogs
- 10 warrior III yoga poses on right leg
- 10 warrior III yoga poses on left leg
- 10 get down & up starting with right leg (stay in a squat position when you’re up, make those legs burn!)
- 10 get down & up starting with left leg
It will take you around 25 minutes to perform this circuit 3 times. Keep your abs engaged to protect your lower back!
For more information and ideas to warm up and stretch before and after this workout, please check out the whole post on my Wordpress-blog: www.fitnesstreats.com/2012/04/hands-up-workout
Doing this tonight!
One hand swings. This drill will sculpt your shoulders, not to mention work your lower body and core. Get sexy arms for the summer! Do 3 sets of 15 reps. Ps. I’m still a noob with gif lol.