A lot of Hungry Running was accomplished during the wonderfully weathered Fall month of November. And a lot of new jams were added to my iPod along the way. Here’s what I rocked out to while running this month!
1. Icona Pop - I Love It
2. Bow Wow - Shortie Like Mine
3. Macklemore - Thrift Shop
4. Imagine Dragons - It’s Time
5. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
6. The Rocket Summer - Colors
7. Led Zeppelin - Good Times, Bad Times
8. Flo Rida- Club Can’t Handle Me
9. Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight I’m Getting Over You
10. J.Lo (ft. Ja Rule) - I’m Real
11. Kerri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
12. Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess
An hour long mix of all female pop songs for a STRONGER workout.
1. Beyonce - Run The World (Girls) (SAINT Remix)
2. Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor (CCW Club Mix)
3. Britney Spears - I Wanna Go (Justin Sane Remix)
4. Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
5. Katy Perry - Part Of Me (Justin Sane Remix)
6. Adele - Rumor Has It (Joe Maz Remix)
7. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (Jyvhouse Remix)
8. Jessie J - Domino (Justin Sane Remix)
9. Nicole Scherzinger - Don’t Hold Your Breath (Kat Crazy Remix)
10. Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory (Mikael Wills & Justin Sane Remix)
11. Adele - Set Fire To The Rain (Cazzette Bootleg)
12. Rihanna - We Found Love (Reidiculous Remix)
13. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe (Reidiculous Remix)
14. Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over (Davi Dee Mix)
Simian Mobile Disco - Audacity Of Huge | DOWNLOAD
Art Vs. Science - Parlez-Vous Francais | DOWNLOAD
AWOLNATION - Sail | DOWNLOAD
Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness (nightmare) | DOWNLOAD
AWOLNATION - Burn It Down (Innerpartysystem remix) | DOWNLOAD
AWOLNATION - Burn It Down | DOWNLOAD
Yes, the name of this playlist is bring tequila, but it’s really great songs for working out as well as dancing your ass off at a party. And yeah, I really like AWOLNATION.
This also a few of the songs I use when writing the serial killers/rapists in my novel, ahem.
I have updated and made my music page a bit better. Check it out and subscibe to my playlists!
I am not sure if you still need an invite to join Spotify, but if you do, contact me with your email address and I’ll sort you out.
Scientists discover most relaxing tune ever
Sound therapists and Manchester band Marconi Union compiled the song. Scientists played it to 40 women and found it to be more effective at helping them relax than songs by Enya, Mozart and Coldplay.
Weightless works by using specific rhythms, tones, frequencies and intervals to relax the listener. A continuous rhythm of 60 BPM causes the brainwaves and heart rate to synchronise with the rhythm: a process known as ‘entrainment’. Low underlying bass tones relax the listener and a low whooshing sound with a trance-like quality takes the listener into an even deeper state of calm.
Dr David Lewis, one of the UK’s leading stress specialists said: “‘Weightless’ induced the greatest relaxation – higher than any of the other music tested. Brain imaging studies have shown that music works at a very deep level within the brain, stimulating not only those regions responsible for processing sound but also ones associated with emotions.”
The study - commissioned by bubble bath and shower gel firm Radox Spa - found the song was even more relaxing than a massage, walk or cup of tea. So relaxing is the tune, apparently, that people are being Rex advised against listening to it while driving.
The top 10 most relaxing tunes were: 1. Marconi Union - Weightless 2. Airstream - Electra 3. DJ Shah - Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix) 4. Enya - Watermark 5. Coldplay - Strawberry Swing 6. Barcelona - Please Don’t Go 7. All Saints - Pure Shores 8. AdelevSomeone Like You 9. Mozart - Canzonetta Sull’aria 10. Cafe Del Mar - We Can Fly
This is my workout and party playlist. It contains 210+ tracks (13 hours of music). Some of them are in Swedish.
If you have Spotify, just click the link and subscribe :)