Fruit and Nut Energy Bites
If you have a food processor, these snack bites are really easy to make.
If you’ve ever heard of “larabars”, these are a similar concept. It’s just dried fruit and nuts, which makes it a healthy “energy” bar with a good mix of natural sugars and protein.
This is a great way to get some essential vitamins and minerals in, especially with the nuts.
RAW VEGAN SNICKERS BARS🍫
This is probably my favourite recipe so far. These chocolate bars are INSANE. Chewy peanut base with a gooey caramel sauce, dipped in rich chocolate, they are the perfect for your non-vegan friends to enjoy.
My meat eating, chocolate loving partner swears these are better then the real thing, which is a mega plus as they are cruelty free and full of antioxidants and vitamins!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
1/4 cup pitted dates
3tbs natural crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup brazil nuts/walnuts/almonds (I use brazil nuts as they aren’t too sweet)
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1/8tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
If you are short on time you can melt a block of dark vegan chocolate (don’t let it get warm) OR
To make your chocolate from scratch:
5 tbs cacao powder
5 tbs coconut oil
3 part maple syrup
1. Blend dates, vanilla and salt until the consistency of caramel forms. This may take up to 10 minutes of straight blending. If it gets stuck add a drop of water to the mix.
2. Place in bowl and refrigerate
1. Blend nuts until a meal forms
2. Add dates, peanut butter and salt and blend until smooth
3. Roughly chop peanuts and add them to the mixture
3. Place mixture into a baking paper lined tray, making the base approx. 2cm in height
4. Pour an even layer of caramel over the base and place in the freezer for 2 hours
This is a bit tricky, as you need to use the stove, but in order to keep it raw, you must not let it get warm.
1. Combine cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan on a very low heat
2. Stir until combined and runny, but still cold.
3. Remove base from freezer (make sure the caramel is relatively hard before doing this step) and cut into 4x4 (approx) squares.
4. Dip the squares into the chocolate and place on a baking paper lines tray
5. Once all squares are finished, place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is hard.
6. Try to not eat them all at once (hardest step)
Raw falafel wrap 😍 Purple cabbage wrapped around rocket, snowpea sprouts, carrot, capsicum, avocado, and bean sprouts with homemade raw falafel (chickpeas, garlic, coriander in the food processor and dried out in the dehydrator for 3hrs) and all topped with a homemade peanut satay dressing 👌👌👌
Raw blueberry banana tartsMakes 6 servings
Ingredients for the crust:
1/3c raw walnuts
3 Medjool dates, pits removed
Ingredients for the filling:
1 medium banana
1/3c fresh blueberries (+ extra to garnish)
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp water (if needed)
Line 6 muffin holes with cling wrap. In a food processor, blend walnuts and dates till the mixture comes together. Divide into 6 equal pieces and press into the base of each hole. Chill in refrigerator to set.
While the crust is setting, add banana, blueberries and vanilla powder to the food processor. Blend until combined then add maple syrup. Continue to blend until a smooth puree forms. If the consistency is too thick, add a teaspoon of water. Remove muffin tin from fridge and evenly distribute filling onto each crust (I had some leftover filling). Garnish with blueberries if desired. Place in freezer and allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
banana ice cream floats: serves 2
2/3 cup dates
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
520 ml (around 2 cups) coconut water-
3 frozen bananas
to make the soda - blend the dates, vanilla and coconut water together until smooth and foamy. try some! it’ll taste like root beer, i swear.
to make the ice cream - blend the frozen bananas until it’s like soft serve. you won’t believe the beauty. pour the soda into your fave tall glasses and scoop on the ice cream. sip it up in the sun with people you care about!
Most awesome recipe I’ve come across lately! Raw Ice Cream CAKE! OMG! OMG! OMG!
(via This Rawsome Vegan Life: blueberry strawberry banana ice cream cake)
this is raw blueberry and peach cobbler from WHOLE FAMILY FARE…
How to Make Your Own Almond Milk
Making your own almond milk is easy!
Yields 4 ½ cups
- 3 cups raw almonds, soaked for 10-12 hours in filtered water, rinsed, and drained
- 6 cups filtered water
- pure vanilla extract (optional)Directions:
In a high-speed blender combine the almonds and the water and blend until creamy. Line a large sieve with double thickness of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Pour the almond mixture into the sieve and let drain. Then grab the corners of the cheesecloth, hold together securely, and squeeze the cheesecloth to extract all the milk. Reserve the pulp for another use.
Raw Protein Guacamole & Salsa Stuffed Tomatoes…
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- Hemp Seeds (to garnish & add additional protein)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Raw Protein Powder (plain unflavoured)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (cold press)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Green Salsa Topping:
- 1/4 Red Onion (diced)
- 1/4 Green Capsicum (diced)
- 1 heaped Tbsp Black Spanish Olives (diced)
- 1 Sprig of Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch of Smoked Paprika
- Juice of half one lime
- Cut tomatoes in half, and scoop out centres
- In a food processor add all your guacamole ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy
- Prepare all your salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix when finished
- With a spoon divide the guacamole into the 6 tomatoes halves and fill
- Top guacamole filled tomato’s with your salsa until all are evenly dispersed
- Lastly sprinkle with hemp seeds to garnish
These are a GREAT Quick bite, fresh packed lunch, or even just an afternoon snack. They are great to look at, and so tasty! I’m always trying to amp up my protein as I eat a lot of raw foods. The protein guacamole is such a great way to do that, yet stay clean and green! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!