Raw Rainbow Salad with Garlic Tahini Dressing
How to Make Your Own Almond Milk
Making your own almond milk is easy!
Yields 4 ½ cups
- 3 cups raw almonds, soaked for 10-12 hours in filtered water, rinsed, and drained
- 6 cups filtered water
- pure vanilla extract (optional)Directions:
In a high-speed blender combine the almonds and the water and blend until creamy. Line a large sieve with double thickness of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Pour the almond mixture into the sieve and let drain. Then grab the corners of the cheesecloth, hold together securely, and squeeze the cheesecloth to extract all the milk. Reserve the pulp for another use.
Raw Protein Guacamole & Salsa Stuffed Tomatoes…
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- Hemp Seeds (to garnish & add additional protein)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Raw Protein Powder (plain unflavoured)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (cold press)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Green Salsa Topping:
- 1/4 Red Onion (diced)
- 1/4 Green Capsicum (diced)
- 1 heaped Tbsp Black Spanish Olives (diced)
- 1 Sprig of Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch of Smoked Paprika
- Juice of half one lime
- Cut tomatoes in half, and scoop out centres
- In a food processor add all your guacamole ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy
- Prepare all your salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix when finished
- With a spoon divide the guacamole into the 6 tomatoes halves and fill
- Top guacamole filled tomato’s with your salsa until all are evenly dispersed
- Lastly sprinkle with hemp seeds to garnish
These are a GREAT Quick bite, fresh packed lunch, or even just an afternoon snack. They are great to look at, and so tasty! I’m always trying to amp up my protein as I eat a lot of raw foods. The protein guacamole is such a great way to do that, yet stay clean and green! I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Triple-Decker Raw Vegan Raspberry Frozen Cake
Raw Lime Strawberry Cheesecake
Living food, raw vegan “yoghurt” made out of 1 banana and 1 avocado, some berries and an orange. Yum yum breakfast!
Raw Banana Bread Breakfast Bar
Raw Veggie Chili with Taco Nut Meat
Cabbage ‘n’ Pear Salad with Walnut Crumble and Creamy French Dressing
Salad with homemade guacamole, salsa, sunflower seed “meat”, green onions, and cherry tomatoes.
Raw Lemon & Strawberry Cake
Crunchy, nutty and mild tasting crust with a tingly, lemony layer topped with a sweet strawberry blanket. I made this raw cake yesterday, and it was absolutely amazing! I found this recipe, created by Sarah from My New Roots, and I adjusted it a little bit.
It tasted so good I ate four slices in one go. My mother and my neighbors ate the rest of the cake. And I thought I was being gluttonous, haha!
It is the perfect raw cake for a summer evening, to share with loved ones. It is dense, filling, tasty and gorgeous to look at. Summer colors all over! I would say, get into the kitchen and start ‘baking’, and try to not eat too much of this velvety cake. :)
I don’t think I can type this fast enough! This might be the best ice cream I’ve had in a long while. I was almost persuaded (by my naughty mind) to spend money that I need to save to get dessert, but before giving into temptation I decided to make something at home. This was the result:
Carob Nanner Butter Ice cream
2 medium frozen bananas, cut in forths
1 tsp of raw almond butter
1 tsp of chunky raw peanut butter
1/4-1/2 tsp of carob chips
A pinch of vanilla (from the pod) or 2 drops of vanilla extract
Sprinkle of hemp seeds (optional)
Put all ingrediets in a food processor . It will be pretty loud but no worries! Process until the ingrediets have blended well and move around the blades with ease. Feel feel to switch up the ingrediets. I made a raw version, but you can use whatever you have on hand. If you’re low fat raw vegan take out one or all of the ‘butters’, and omit the hemp seeds. That being said, it’s okay to indulge sometimes. Enjoy!