Fruit and Nut Energy Bites
If you have a food processor, these snack bites are really easy to make.
If you’ve ever heard of “larabars”, these are a similar concept. It’s just dried fruit and nuts, which makes it a healthy “energy” bar with a good mix of natural sugars and protein.
This is a great way to get some essential vitamins and minerals in, especially with the nuts.
RAW VEGAN SNICKERS BARS🍫
This is probably my favourite recipe so far. These chocolate bars are INSANE. Chewy peanut base with a gooey caramel sauce, dipped in rich chocolate, they are the perfect for your non-vegan friends to enjoy.
My meat eating, chocolate loving partner swears these are better then the real thing, which is a mega plus as they are cruelty free and full of antioxidants and vitamins!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
1/4 cup pitted dates
3tbs natural crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup brazil nuts/walnuts/almonds (I use brazil nuts as they aren’t too sweet)
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1/8tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
If you are short on time you can melt a block of dark vegan chocolate (don’t let it get warm) OR
To make your chocolate from scratch:
5 tbs cacao powder
5 tbs coconut oil
3 part maple syrup
1. Blend dates, vanilla and salt until the consistency of caramel forms. This may take up to 10 minutes of straight blending. If it gets stuck add a drop of water to the mix.
2. Place in bowl and refrigerate
1. Blend nuts until a meal forms
2. Add dates, peanut butter and salt and blend until smooth
3. Roughly chop peanuts and add them to the mixture
3. Place mixture into a baking paper lined tray, making the base approx. 2cm in height
4. Pour an even layer of caramel over the base and place in the freezer for 2 hours
This is a bit tricky, as you need to use the stove, but in order to keep it raw, you must not let it get warm.
1. Combine cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan on a very low heat
2. Stir until combined and runny, but still cold.
3. Remove base from freezer (make sure the caramel is relatively hard before doing this step) and cut into 4x4 (approx) squares.
4. Dip the squares into the chocolate and place on a baking paper lines tray
5. Once all squares are finished, place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is hard.
6. Try to not eat them all at once (hardest step)
Vegan Red Lentil Cauliflower Burger with Chipotle Habanero Mayo, Onion Rings, Roasted peppers / recipe
White Bean Hummus Recipe
- 15 ounce can white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from two lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small bunch French breakfast radishes, rinsed and sliced lengthwise
- 1 small bunch spring carrots, scrubbed and slice lengthwise
- 2 Persian cucumbers, rinsed and sliced on the diagonal
- Smoked paprika
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the white beans, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt. Pulse until creamy. Spoon into a serving bowl, and sprinkle generously with za’atar and smoked paprika.
Admit it, flavored water is fun. Throw in a bunch of your craziest combinations together or your favorite fruits together and you might never look back!
Better yet, it’s a great activity to do with your kids and the variety of colors in the water may just attract them. Moreover, aside from getting your hydration in, you are also downing the extra vitamins and minerals from the various herbs, veggies and fruits you put in. Do you need any more convincing?
Tips about flavored water:
- Fresh vs. frozen fruit. When in season, I prefer to use fresh fruit. However, when fruit is out of season, the fresh version can be tart or flavorless. Because fruit that is to be frozen is picked at the peak of ripeness, it is often the better option for the best flavor, sweetness, and nutrients. I find this to especially to be the case with berries and peaches.
- A variety of fresh herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or happen to have on hand. I picked all of these from my herb garden and have tried them in flavored waters. It’s surprising how well they blend with most fruit flavors, and they amp up the refreshing factor of the water. Mint is the most obvious herb choice. I also have tried basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, lavender, and tarragon. All good.
- WASH FRUIT THOROUGHLY! The citrus and berries need to be really, really clean to keep contaminants and bacteria out of your flavored water. I recommend organic fruit, if it isn’t going to be peeled.
- Use your veggies too. Have leftover carrots or cucumber from cooking? Throw them in!
Minty Cucumber Lime
1/2 a cucumber, sliced
1/2 a lime, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Strawberry-Lemon with Basil
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 a lemon, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup cubed watermelon
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Pineapple-Orange with Ginger
1/2 cup cubed pineapple
1/2 an orange, sliced
1 tablespoon freshly-grated ginger
What You’ll Need:
- 1-quart jars
- Wooden Spoon
- Agave or another sweetener (optional)
What to Do:
- Choose which recipe you’re making — or come up with your own combination — and gather all of the ingredients.
- Place the fruit, herbs, and/or spices in the bottom of one of the glass jars, and muddle with a wooden spoon. (That basically means mash up the fruit in the bottom of the jar to release some of the flavor-filled juices.)
- Fill the jar with water and give it a taste. (You can also fill the jar with seltzer water for a fizzy treat.) If you’d like something a bit sweeter, try adding some agave (and mix until dissolved).
- Enjoy as-is or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
All Citrus Flavored Water
- 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, Water
Raspberry + Lime Flavored Water
Pineapple + Mint Flavored Water
Blackberry + Sage Flavored Water
Watermelon + Rosemary Flavored Water
Well, here are just some of the combinations you could toy with.
- Watermelon and mint (pictured above)
- Cucumber and mint
- Lemon and mint
- Cherry and lime
- Watermelon and cucumber
- Ginger and lemon
- Orange and pineapple
- Lemon and lavender
- Lime and mint
- Cucumber and lime
- Lemon and basil
- Strawberry and mint
- Blackberry and ginger
- Lemon and blueberry
- Thyme and blackberries
- Cucumber and rosemary
- Cantaloupe and watermelon
- Cucumber, lemon, and mint
- Lemon and lime
- Strawberry and basil
- Cranberry juice and lemon (use a capful of unsweetened cranberry juice)
- Ginger and lime
- Pineapple and mango
- Strawberries and lime
- Orange, lime, and lemon
- Lemon and a pinch of cayenne
- Papaya and mango
- Carrots, grapefruits, cucumber, mint, lemon.
This list is non-exhaustive, so don’t stop here. Be creative and who knows you might just discover your personal favorite.
Enjoy drinking your way to health! :D
My mouth is watering for this water lol
HEALTHY VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE LENTIL, CARROT AND SPINACH BURGER RECIPE
- small cup of lentils
- handful of spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic
- loads of herbs!
Start off by putting the lentils on to cook, once they are simmering away start chopping and grating the onion, chilli, garlic and carrots. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil and add the chopped and grated goods. This is a good time to start with some seasoning, as the carrot and onion can soak it all up wonderfully. Add any spices that tickle your fancy, personally I like quite a lot of coriander, chilli powder, cumin, turmeric, smoky paprika powder and some salt and pepper. By the time you have fried this all up, the lentils should be lovely and soft, so drain and rinse and spoon into a food processor, add as much spinach as you like and blend until the mixture is smooth. This is what will bind your burger.
Now to the fun and messy part: Combine the carrot and onion mixture with the lentil mixture in a bowl and get your hands dirty! Start scooping out small handfuls of the mix and shape into patties on a board covered in chickpea flour, or whatever flour you have lying around at home. Once all patties are shaped, start heating up the frying pan with a splash of oil. Make sure the oil is hot to create a crispy burger crust and start frying. Et voilà, enjoy!
P.s. You can make a large batch of these and freeze them. Ideal for your packed lunch sandwich, simply combine in a pitta bread (available gluten-free) with fresh rocket and hummus.
Fresh pomegranate seeds dipped in dark chocolate make a Clean & Delicious® treat that is packed with antioxidants…RECIPE
If you’ve gone all summer without drinking a single slushie, take the rest of the day off and whip up this refreshing motherfucker right here. The watermelon and cucumber in this shit help soothe inflammation and the mint will keep your breath on point. FUCK IT. Splash some vodka in there if you want to take tomorrow off too.
WATERMELON CUCUMBER SLUSHIE
3 pounds of watermelon (seedless is best but some seeds are cool)
½ cup skinned, chopped cucumber
juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
8-10 fresh mint leaves
¾ cup coconut or tap water
1 teaspoon agave, maple syrup, or honey (optional)
Cut away the rind and chop up the watermelon flesh into pieces no larger than a quarter. You should get about 4 cups. Don’t stress about some seeds, they will get chopped the fuck up in the blender. Just get rid of any big ones you notice. Freeze the chopped watermelon for at least 4 hours or overnight. The watermelon is going to create the slush factor so you want to make sure that shit really fucking frozen.
When the watermelon chunks are frozen add them along with the cucumber, lime juice, mint leaves, and water to a blender and blend until it is all smooth and icy. If you picked out a shitty watermelon you might need to add a teaspoon of a sweetener to make up for the weak melon. Taste it, you’ll know. Trust.
Had a rough day? Replace up to a ½ cup of the water with vodka and get the fuck over it.
Makes about 2 ½ cups of sweet summer slush, enough for 2 people who need to chill the fuck out. Watermelon chunks will stay good in the freezer for at least a month no problem.
I love how the profanity is in the instructions as well xD
Avocado Chocolate Pudding - A tasty, healthy alternative that’s vegan friendly. Enjoy! Video RECIPE
Raw blueberry banana tartsMakes 6 servings
Ingredients for the crust:
1/3c raw walnuts
3 Medjool dates, pits removed
Ingredients for the filling:
1 medium banana
1/3c fresh blueberries (+ extra to garnish)
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp water (if needed)
Line 6 muffin holes with cling wrap. In a food processor, blend walnuts and dates till the mixture comes together. Divide into 6 equal pieces and press into the base of each hole. Chill in refrigerator to set.
While the crust is setting, add banana, blueberries and vanilla powder to the food processor. Blend until combined then add maple syrup. Continue to blend until a smooth puree forms. If the consistency is too thick, add a teaspoon of water. Remove muffin tin from fridge and evenly distribute filling onto each crust (I had some leftover filling). Garnish with blueberries if desired. Place in freezer and allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
Homemade Quest Bars
- 4 Scoops your vanilla protein powder (about 1/3 cup a scoop)
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice (smooth, not crunchy)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sweetener (I used stevia, less if you like)
- 2-4 tbsp. water (if you feel you need it)
- 1/4 cup oat flour or fiber powder or even ground flaxseeds (Omit for lower carbs, best with)—> In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, oat flour (if using), nut butter and sweetener together. If using stevia / splenda, you’ll need more water than if using honey or agave.—> Scoop out the dough, shape into 5 bars and add to a sheet lined with parchment paper, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to firm up.—> ENJOY xRenniesane / TumblrPer bar (varies with protein powder):Calories:160Fat: 8Protein: 20Carbs: 11Fiber: 5Sugar: 2Variations
- Vanilla Almond Crunch: Use almond butter, a tsp of vanilla and some chopped almonds.
- Cinnamon Roll: add 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Brownie: add 2 tbsp. cocoa powder and use chocolate protein powder (not necessary)
- Lemon Cream Pie: Use sunflower butter and 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: add 1/4 - 1/3 cup chocolate chip and don’t omit oat flour
- Peanut Butter Supreme: use peanut butter.
- PB & J: Use peanut butter and 3-4 tbsp. mashed or dehydrated strawberries or 2 tbsp. jam.
- Coconut Cashew: Use cashew butter and 2-5 tbsp. coconut shreds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Use chocolate protein powder and peanut butter
- Mixed Berry Bliss: use 1 tbsp. of each blue- rasp- black- and strawberries, mashed or dried.
- White Chocolate Raspberry: Use 3-4 tbsp. mashed or dried raspberries or jam, and best with sunflower butter
- Strawberry Cheesecake: 2-4 tbsp. mashed or dried strawberries or jam, 2 tbsp. cream cheese.
- Banana Nut Muffin: Use 1/2 mashed banana and 2-4 tbsp. crushed nuts.
Omg this is amazing! Totes gonna try this!
I want to do this when I have a cookout this summer haha
I’ve actually been waiting for this all my life