What you eat today has to …
…make your heart beat tomorrow and create new blood, renew your bone marrow, fuel your brain, ease your mind, make your lungs work, support your immune system, heal your skin (including that tattoo you had done yesterday), keep your digestive system working smoothly, lubricate your joints, repair and build your muscles, ………
What will you eat to do all that?"
Pillars of a Nutritious Life | by Livestrong Woman
I read “Pamper Thyself” as “Hate Yourself” and I was like …..whaaaat?! And then I realized I’m being stupid.
For this edit, I took information from one place : source
(Click the images to enlarge)
EAT FAT! What to buy&what to eat! @toscareno @oxygenmagazine @eatcleandiet
Kiwi fruit, originated from China, is one of the top healthy fruits. Kiwi fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals and protective phytochemicals that promote health and longevity of human life.
- Raw Kiwi Fruit Juice Nutritional Value
- Kiwi fruit is a rich source of vitamin C.
- It is also an excellent source of vitamins A and E, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and copper.
- Raw kiwi juice contains folate and the amino acid L-arginine.
- Health Benefits of Raw Kiwi Fruit Juice
- Raw kiwi fruit juice reduces high blood pressure and regulates heart beat.
- Being rich in Vitamin C, raw kiwi fruit juice boosts our immune system, helps with iron absorption, and the prevention of anaemia.
- Raw kiwi juice helps to enrich your diet with valuable antioxidants that protect cells from free-radical damage.
- Raw kiwi juice improves eyesight.
- Raw kiwi juice supports energy metabolism and nerve function.
- Folate, or folic acid, plays an essential role in making new body cells and is essential for women planning pregnancy and during pregnancy.
- Raw kiwi fruit juice aids our fluid balance.
- L-arginine helps to keep the liver, skin, joints, and muscles healthy.
- Raw kiwi fruit juice promotes respiratory tract health.
- Kiwi juice is often combined with strawberry juice. It can be also mixed with any other your favorite juice.
Consume ½ glass of raw kiwi fruit juice for health benefits daily!
take the fitness pledge
This is what I will look at everyday to keep myself on track and remind myself what I’m working towards!
5 REASONS TO USE RESISTANCE BANDS
- You can target smaller muscles, like therotator cuff around the shoulder, more easily than with weights. Using a band will increase your coordination and your balance, and utilize more muscle groups at a time.
- Bands offer more variety because you can create resistance in all directions. Also, since there are different tension levels based on the color band you use, you can easily alter the difficulty level. Use a higher tension band for an easier exercise likeBicep Curls, or a lower tension band for more difficult exercises like Overhead Shoulder Presses.
- Resistance bands can make all strength training exercises more challenging. Try using one with basic moves like push-upsand squats. Or use a band in combination with dumbbells such as this exercise calledBent Over Row With Resistance Band.
- Bands are cheap, so they make a great addition to your home gym. Buy one bandfor $10 or a set of three for $30.
- Resistance bands are lightweight so you can pack them in your suitcase when you travel. You can reconstruct many cable pulley machine exercises with resistance bands too.
Exercises and Workouts for Resistance Bands
List of basic moves to get you started:
- Chest Press. For this exercise, wrap the band around a pole or rail behind you or use the door attachment to secure the band in the door. The resistance band should be right at about chest level and you should step far enough away from the door that you get constant tension on the band. Keep your elbows in a ‘goal-post’ position (parallel to the floor) throughout the movement.
- Seated Row. For this move, you can keep the band where it is and simply turn around so that you’re facing the band. This exercise targets the large muscles on either side of the back, so make sure you squeeze the back without arching or pulling the elbows too far back.
- Bicep Curls. For the bicep curl, you can stand on the band with both feet (harder) or with one foot (easier). Hold the handles in each hand and curl up in a bicep curl, just as you would with dumbbells. You can make this move harder by stepping the feet wide or by using a heavy band.
- Squats. For squats, stand on the band and hold the handles up towards the shoulders (elbows bent) to create more tension. You’ll probably want to use heavy resistance here since your leg muscles are large and will usually require more tension to fatigue them.